The Annual Vancouver Craft Beer Week festival is nearly upon us, and this year there’s a little something for everyone.
Beginning May 25th, VCBW is kicking things off in East Vancouver’s brewery district, and continues throughout the week with dozens of citywide events taking place at venues across Metro Vancouver. The festivities culminate at the historic PNE fairgrounds on June 2 and 3 for the VCBW main event, with live music, food, games, art and 100 craft breweries and cideries pouring the largest craft beer and cider selection of any festival in Canada. The complete VCBW 2018 calendar promises a huge selection of new venues, events and promotions added to the mix alongside a few returning fan favourites.
Here’s the highlights for this year’s festival:
VCBW 2018 Kickoff: East Van Crusher • May 25, 2018
Kicking off VCBW at the Maritime Labour Centre is the East Van Crusher. This unorthodox opening night celebration features an incredible array of canned beer including the official VCBW 2018 Collaboration Beer, live music from Alex Maher and Hebegebe, and the glory of one of VCBW’s most revered events: Feats of Strength hosted by Copper & Theory. Watch in amazement as brewers, cellarmen and women, barkeeps and hopefuls compete in ridiculous events designed to measure one’s strength, but mostly to entertain.
Friday, May 25, 7–11pm at the Maritime Labour Centre, 1880 Triumph St., Vancouver. Tickets $25 (includes entry and two beers) at VancouverCraftBeerWeek.com.
VCBW 2018 Festival at the PNE Fairgrounds • June 2-3, 2018
The most anticipated craft beer and cider festival in Western Canada returns to the PNE Fairgrounds for a full weekend of live music, food, art, craft beer and cider, games and good times. The ninth annual Vancouver Craft Beer Week Festival caps off a 10-day citywide celebration with more than 100 craft breweries and cideries pouring more than 300 beers and ciders. For a complete list of participating breweries, food trucks and bands, and to purchase tickets, visit VancouverCraftBeerWeek.com
Saturday, June 2 from 2-7pm, and Sunday, June 3 from 12-5pm at the PNE Fairgrounds, Vancouver. Single day, weekend passes and VIP tickets available starting at $39.
VCBW 2018 Citywide Events • May 25-June 3, 2018
To make Vancouver Craft Beer Week a truly citywide celebration of craft beer culture and community, restaurants and breweries across the city are joining in the fun to become VCBW-approved venues.
In addition to a few favourite annual events, VCBW has brewed up a fresh batch of festivities. Highlights include:
- Forbidden Fruit presented by The Devil’s Elbow featuring fruity and sour beers from 22 B.C. craft breweries;
- The Growler’s 12@12 Tap Takeover at 12 Kings Pub celebrating the new issue of The Growler and the release of the latest beer in its B.C. Brewer Collaboration Series plus 12 specially selected beers;
- The Guitar Cabaret with host Paul Pigat and special guest, Steve Pineo presented by The Anza Club along with Driftwood Brewery;
- East Van Comes to the West End Tap Takeover at Timber;
- New Kids on The Rock Tap Takeover at St. Augustine’s;
- Vancouver Brewery Tour’s Gastown Pub Walk;
- Craft Beer Market’s Brewmaster Dinner featuring the breweries of Port Moody’s Brewers Row.
A complete list of VCBW citywide events is available at VancouverCraftBeerWeek.com. Check back often as this list is continuously updated.