If you’ve been paying attention, then you’ll know that it’s right about that time of year when you can expect to see the Parallel 49 collaboration pack hit store shelves. Now in it’s fourth year, the collaboration pack tends to provide a unique take on a number of beer styles, which can be either a blessing or a curse, depending on your preference.
They’ve taken a very 80’s theme this year and have returned to collaborating with local breweries, rather than last year’s experiment with American Pacific Coast based breweries. The full line-up includes:
- Hungry Like the Wolf Belgian Scotch Ale, brewed with Bad Tattoo
- Spin Me Right Round Hoppy Rice Lager, brewed with Twin Sails
- Need You Tonight Coffee Imperial Stout, brewed with Parkside
- Eyes of a Stranger Dopplebock , brewed with R&B
- One Way or Another Blonde Sour, brewed with Riot
- Whip It Grand Cru Imperial Belgian Wit, brewed with Mount Arrowsmith
- Peace, Love and Understanding German Pilsner, brewed with Postmark
- Mad World West Coast IPA, brewed with Boombox
- Autobahn Smoked Helles, brewed with Gladstone
- Turning Japanese Belgian Witbier, brewed with Red Collar
- Born Under Punches Barleywine, brewed with Superflux
- She Blinded Me with Science Black IPA, brewed with Faculty
Do any of the above excite you? I’m curious about the Grand Cru Wit from Mount Arrowsmith (last year’s best BC brewery) and of course the IPA with Boombox and the Barleywine from Superflux. Otherwise I dunno. I’ll reserve judgement until I try them myself, but I already know a blonde sour (likely lacto) is not my jam.
You can find cases at Parallel 49, BC liquor and select stores in Alberta. It runs around $25 for the case.