Collaboration packs are some of my favourite releases throughout the year. It gives craft brewers the opportunity to experiment with different styles and work with breweries they admire and respect. Thus why I’m excited to share there’s not one, but TWO, collaboration packs that are worth checking out.
Parallel 49 Brews Brothers Vol. 3
Parallel 49 goes for a third year in a row with their Brews Brothers collaboration pack. The previous two have been collaborations with other BC breweries around the province; this year they’ve taken a slightly different approach and have worked with four other West Coast breweries from the US.
Rather than a 12 pack, this is a four bomber pack that features Blazing Arrow, a tawny IPA made with Gigantic Brewing Company (Portland, OR), What’s Golden, an “east meets west” IPA developed with Green Flash Brewing (San Diego, CA), Gettin’ It, a Northern farmhouse style beer made with 49th State Brewing (Anchorage, AK), and Baby Got Back, a hoppy hefeweizen beer brewed with Scuttlebutt Brewing Company (Everett, WA). As you may have already guessed, the pack is reminiscent of an old school hip-hop vibe.
This was released province wide on March 2nd, so grab it at most BCL’s.
Central City: Red Racer Across the Nation Collaboration
Yup that’s a rhythmic mouthful. As part of Canada’s 150th celebration, Central City has partnered with 12 other breweries from across Canada to compile this truly Canadian offering. We’re talking a beer for each of the provinces and territories, and the list includes:
- British Columbia, Delta: Four Winds Brewing Company with Brewmaster, Brent Mills
- Alberta, Calgary: Last Best Brewing & Distilling with CEO, Brett Ireland and Brewer, Phillip Hamilton Brian
- Saskatchewan, Swift Current: Black Bridge Brewery with Co-owners, Clayton and Kari Stenson
- Manitoba, Winnipeg: Half Pints Brewing Company with Brewmaster, Chris Young
- Ontario, Vankleek Hill: Beau’s Brewing Company with Owner, Steve Beauchesne and Brewer, Kevin James
- Quebec, Shawinigan: Le Trou Du Diable with Pilsner Brewer Specialist, Stephane Thibodeau and Co-owner, Luc Bellerive
- Nova Scotia, Halifax: Garrison Brewing Company with Brewmaster, Daniel Girard
- New Brunswick, Fredericton: Picaroons Traditional Ales with Sean Dunbar, Owner and Operator
- Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown: PEI Brewing Company with Head Brewer, Chris Long
- Newfoundland, St. John’s: Quidi Vidi Brewing Company with Brewer, Einar Holtet and Sales and Marketing Manager, Justin Fong
- Yukon, Whitehorse: Yukon Brewing Company with Head Brewer, Jon Zaugg and Brewer, Troy Charlton
- Northwest Territories, Yellowknife: NWT Brewing Company with Owner, Fletcher Stevens
The 12-pack (330 ml bottles) will be available in liquor stores in most provinces in early May 2017, and as two unique 6-packs (East and West) in some provinces.